The Liebster Award is basically a set of eleven questions given to upcoming bloggers by fellow bloggers.
Each nominee then comes up with their own eleven questions and nominates some more bloggers, thus helping build an audience.
Arzo from Arzo Travels for nominating me!
Here are my answers:
1. What makes you happy?
Sunshine. Weekends. Quality time with the dear husband. Good food. Happy people. Cute, fluffy animals. Travel somewhere I’ve never been before and go exploring. Travel somewhere I have been before and revisit favorite places. A really sweaty workout. Being curled up with a good book. BBQ.
Seriously, there are so many things that make me happy, I don’t know where to start.
Guess I’m a pretty happy person ?
2. Do you have any role model?
3. What do you love most about blogging?
I have always loved words. Reading, writing, and – most of all – talking. Blogging is a way I can ramble on about whatever topic comes to my mind without making the eyes of everybody unlucky enough to be my chosen audience glaze over…
4. What do you like the least about blogging?
Not having enough time to write. I have a mile-long list of topics I’d like to blog about but I’m missing that fancy little Harry Potter time-turner thingie, so it’s doubtful I can ever work my way through it.
5. How much does your blog benefit from Social Media?
As I have only just begun to blog for the great wide world out there, I have no idea. I’m pretty optimistic though.
Linking my blog with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ has forced me to learn more about those platforms, and it’s actually already starting to generate some traffic.
Joining a travel blogger Facebook group (Female Travel Bloggers) has most definitely helped.
6. What is the most important piece of advice you think we should do as bloggers to keep our followers happy or to gain more followers?
Newbie here, so I don’t have any advice generated from experience. I can only share what keeps me coming back to the blogs I read.
My pet peeve are poorly written texts. If a blog is poorly written, I probably won’t come back.
I’m not talking about formal academic writing, ready to be published in some scientific journal. I’m talking about orthography and punctuation.
Come on, how hard is it to do some proof-reading? A typo here or there, well, that happens. Nobody’s perfect.
But please, I beg you, re-read your text at least once before hitting the “publish” button.
7. What is on the top of your bucket list?
I don’t really have a prioritized bucket list, it’s more like a growing list of things I’d like to do, places I want to see. It’s pretty long 😉
One thing I’ll probably be able to cross off in summer is a whale watching tour.
8. What was the nicest thing that somebody has ever done for you?
Putting up with me for almost all of my adult life so far – that award goes to my significant other ? ?
9. What was the nicest thing you have ever done for somebody?
I don’t know. Guess that depends on the perspective. Sometimes things that wouldn’t be deemed too important mean the world to somebody else.
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
Actually, that’s way too far in the future… I’m not much of a planner, at least not concerning goals in life.
As a kid, I never really had those “When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut” dreams, I only knew that I never wanted to grow up to be a teacher.
Well, life happened, and I have been a teacher for more than a decade now. I have to confess, I really like my job.
So, let’s say it like this: 10 years from now, I see myself being happy and enjoying whatever I do!
11. What is your favourite quote and why?
“When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt!”
Do I really need to explain why???
Here is my new set of questions:
1. When did you decide to start blogging and why?
2. Do you have any favorite places you keep returning to?
3. Have you ever drastically changed a trip, e.g. cancelled your return flight and stayed, booked a flight leaving the very next day immediately after arrival, drove past your destination because you sudddenly changed your mind, …?
4. Do you usually travel solo or with someone else?
5. Carry-on only or with checked luggage?
6. What is your favorite kind of accommodation – hotel, hostel, bed & breakfast, …?
7. How do you stay fit while traveling?
8. What do you enjoy besides traveling and blogging?
9. What is your favorite book and why?
10. Cats or dogs?
11. Is there anything else you would like to share with your readers?
Some General rules to follow:
- Accept the nomination and answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
- Think of 11 new questions yourself.
- Nominate bloggers you would like to answer your questions.
- They write an article about this nomination on their blog and link back to the website of their nominator.
- Please remember to tag your nominator again when you share your article on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so they can read your Liebster Award blog post.
I would like to nominate:
- Alex of The Wayfaring Voyager
- Alicia of Blissful Travelher
- Erin of Wonderlost
- Brenda of Traveleira
- Tisha of Biz Mommy
- Lisa of A Will To Wander
- Anita of The Sane Travel
Do you accept the nominations?
Looking forward to your answers! ?
Thank you Svenja, I accept your nomination with great pleasure.
I accept! Thanks 🙂
Great! Can’t wait to read your answers!
Loved to read your answers <3 and happy to get to know you better.
Arzo Travels recently posted…Lisbon – the city of seven hills
I definitely accept the nomination!
Enjoyed your answers a lot, but somehow I wasn’t able to leave a comment on your website ? Will try again later!
Lovely and thank you for the nomination I accept!!
Awesome, can’t wait to read your post!
Thank you Svenja Willruth one more time for nominating me. Please visit http://www.thesanetravel.com/…/118-the-liebster-award to read my answers to your questions.
You’re welcome, loved reading your answers!
Thanks so much for the nomination Svenja, I happily accept! 🙂 I look forward to writing my post about this!
Pingback: Blogger's Have an Awards Season Too: Kicking Things Off with The Liebsters - Biz Mommy Travels